ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation
Work data:ISBN: 978-92-61-24421-7
Type of work: Book
Categories:Digital Divide | e-Readiness | ICT Infrastructure | ICT4D | Information Society
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)embody a universally shared vision of progress towards a safe, just and sustainable space for all human beings.
The book, "ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation", written by leading scholars and experts from around the world, aims to address the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
- addresses the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
- provides a roadmap and practical strategies for utilizing advances in ICTs to foster an environment that nourishes ICT-centric innovation, economic growth, and social change consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- provides insights and directions on how to encourage and facilitate collaborative digital entrepreneurship, how to leapfrog the innovation gap, how to ensure sustainability, and how to create new job opportunities.
- intends to serve as a comprehensive resource for all the stakeholders within the ICT-centric ecosystem, including policy makers, regulators, operators, academics, funding agencies, regional and international organizations, financial institutions and citizens.
- provides a holistic and integrated view of the important elements that together and collectively can lead to sustainable development of nations.