An Introduction to Advocacy: A Training Guide
Type of work: Learning Material
Categories:Development | ICT4D
Developed by: Ritu R. Sharma for Support for Analysis and Research in Africa (SARA), Health and Human Resources Analysis for Africa (HHRAA) and the U.S. Agency for International Development, Africa Bureau, Office of Sustainable Development.
This Introduction to Advocacy Training Guide provides the tools for people to start engaging in the advocacy process, and is thus designed to:
- inform a diverse audience of potential advocates about advocacy and its methods;
- build some basic skills in advocacy;
- increase the use of available data to inform the advocacy process;
- give confidence to those who are embarking on advocacy efforts;
- encourage the democratic process by providing people with the skills to make their voices heard.
Target The Guide should be useful to people in all sectors who wish to improve policies and programs through advocacy. Potential users may be:
- professional institutions, associations and networks;
- researchers interested in promoting their findings;
- program managers who wish to influence their agencies and/or the public;
- NGOs or community organizations;
- ad hoc groups that may form to address particular issues;
- training institutions or groups that work with potential advocates.
Original Source: Academy for Educational Development