Notes from Simposium de las Tecnologías para la Acción Social (e-STAS: Symposium on Technologies for Social Action) held in Málaga, Spain, on March 26-27th, 2009. More notes on this event: estas2009. More notes on this series of events: e-stas.
Funredes: The hurdle track from ICT to Human Development
Results from a project for UN-GAID.
ICTs are but a tool. But there are some barriers to them:
- Physical access
- Financial access, affordability
- Functional basic literacy (read and write)
- Content in local language
- Effective usage
- Technology appropriation, technological literacy
- Use with sense, informational literacy
- Social appropriation, content creation with sense for my community
- Human Development
- Education and culture: about networking, about information, about processes
- Ethics: about networking, about information, about processes
- Engagement, multistakeholder, committed, along the whole process
- The hurdle track from ICT to Human Development
- La pista de obstáculos desde las TIC hasta el desarrollo humano
e-Stas 2009, Symposium on Technologies for Social Action (2009)
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2009) “e-STAS 2009 (VI). Workshop: The hurdle track from ICT to Human Development” In ICTlogy,
#66, March 2009. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from https://ictlogy.net/review/?p=1805