These are the materials I used on a seminar belonging to the Executive Master in e-Governance organized by the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and partnered by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
ICTs, development and government: from e-Readiness to e-Awareness
Take your home country as the basis.
Describe the strengths and weaknesses of this country in the following five fields:
- ICT Sector
- Digital Literacy
- Content and Services
- Legal Framework
and relate them to what you think is critical to establish a full range of operational e-Government initiatives (basic, intermediate and advanced levels).
- Identification of main/critical aspects
- Depth of analysis, conclusions backed with data/evidence…
- Use (and citation) of appropriate and complementary references
- Quality of exposition, structure, clarity of language…
Where to start from:
- Country At a Glance tables – The World Bank
- ICT At a Glance tables – The World Bank
- Global Information Technology Report 2007-2008 – WEF/INSEAD
- ICT EYE – International Telecommunication Union
- Download the presentation (, 1.6 MB)
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2008) “ICTs, development and government: from e-Readiness to e-Awareness” In ICTlogy,
#61, October 2008. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from https://ictlogy.net/review/?p=1176
Previous post: Network Society course (XII). Round Table