Unsorted, non-elaborated ideas that showed up on the last session:
OII SDP 2007 Reloaded
Organizing a conference on the previous days of the next edition of the SDP. During this year there’ll be a call for papers & review. This should be extended to the whole pool of SDP students since 2003. A journal or proceedings book would be a good output of the whole work. Seminars and workshops could wrap up the conference. Organizing committee: Vero, María, Karoline, Karen, Alla, Chintan, Daithí, Ismael
The idea of this event is:
a) first, to put together a call for papers (works in progress) to get a nice
feedback about the big (and small) questions that were put on the table in the
course of these last two weeks.
b) Second, this event would take the format of a working conference/workshop,
and invite faculty to comment and discuss ont eh work. In addition, we could
have a keynote speaker or two.
c) Tentative dates could be somewhere between May-June 2008. Ideally, the event
would take place in the OII.
d) In the spirit of having an open intellectual debate and collaboration, we’ll
open the call for papers to fellow OII SDP students from past years.
Led by Veronica Alfaro and María Gómez
Conference on the History of the Internet
Led by Ben Peters
- Association of Internet Researchers (mailing list, conference)
- The Web Experiment List
- Tools for Internet-based data collection
- ecourses demo
- The Personal Research Portal
- Robert Tynes (2007). “Nation-building and the diaspora on Leonenet: a case of Sierra Leone in cyberspace”. In New Media & Society;9 497-518
- Hearn, G., & Foth, M. (Eds.). (2007). Communicative Ecologies. Special issue of the Electronic Journal of Communication, 17(1-2). New York: Communication Institute for Online Scholarship (CIOS).
- The Passageways of Paris: Walter Benjamin’s Arcades Project and Contemporary Cultural Debate in the West, by Christopher Rollason
- Announcing Skim: Stop printing – Start Skimming, by Michael O McCracken
- Brian Fitzgerald (2007) Internet and e-Commerce Law – Technology, Law and Policy
- Jealous Computers
- British & Irish Law, Education and Technology Association (BILETA)
- Socio-Legal Studies Association
- Computers and Writing 2007. Virtual Urbanism
- Computers and Writing Clearinghouse
- Computers and Composition
- Ethan Zuckerman: History of the Internet
- Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?
- Discovery Park Learning Center and Games-to-Teach Competition
- That? Oh, that’s the collapsing infrastructure wake-up call; just hit snooze
Credit of the brainstorm goes to all the participants of the course, students and faculty.
SDP 2007 related posts (2007)
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2007) “OII SDP 2007 (XXXIII): Summing up & what’s next” In ICTlogy,
#46, July 2007. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from https://ictlogy.net/review/?p=601