It seems that a whole year has gone by, and ICTlogy.net — my personal research portal, my personal learning environment — has become seven years old (that is one year in a cat’s life… or maybe is it the other way round? ;).
First some figures, then some comments:
- 929 blog posts, (), 997 comments () and 123 pages.
- A bibliography with 1797 works and 1436 authors ().
- 559 wiki entries (, ).
- 14 learning materials.
- 377 articles from 70 events from my liveblogging sessions (Carlos calls them powerblogging).
- All the usual stuff: Twitter, delicious, Google Shared, Google Calendar, Slideshare, YouTube, Lifestream/aggregator and FriendFeed.
- And a brand new home page I’m quite proud of :)
Two experiments on ICT4D information finally became reality:
- The ICT4D Calendar, a Google Calendar for ICT4D-related events (), visit the page to see who’s involved)
- ICT4D Tweetmap, a mashup that presents #ict4d tweets on a Google Map (inspired by the always inspiring Tony Hirst)
The big news was that, during this last year, the (one and only) blog got to have a new name, the ICT4D Blog, the reason being the coming to existence of its smaller sibling, the blog SociedadRed (), less academic, more opinion-biased and in Spanish.
Amongst the things to forget (or not to…), during this year I got my first hate comment — a xenophobic/racist one — that didn’t come from spam, but from a human hand. Shame on you.
There’s little else that I could say. Just a big thank you to all the people I read and drink knowledge from, wherever I am, whenever I want to. Thank you all.
Previous post: From non-formal learning to casual learning
Next post: Browsing ICT4D Authors Visually