From ICT4D Wiki
Some applications may be listed under Network Analysis instead of Data Visualization.
- A good list: 28 Rich Data Visualization Tools at O'Reilly's InsideRIA.
- Another good list: Data Visualization at DiRT.
- Yet another selection at Datavisualization.ch
- SIMILE at MIT
- The Miso Project, an open source toolkit designed to expedite the creation of high-quality interactive storytelling and data visualisation content (by The Guardian and Bocoup].
- FreeMind, "premier free mind-mapping software written in Java"
- Mindmeister, like FreeMind, but online
- http://cmap.ihmc.us/ Cmap]
- MindRaider, Semantic Web outliner
Other tools from the NMC list
- Tulip, and an example.
- Constellation (see also).
- TouchGraph (online) and TouchGraph (download at sourceforge)
- Graphviz, Graph Visualization Software
- Visual Understanding Environment
- NetDraw, a free program [...] for visualizing both 1-mode and 2-mode social network data
- Ubigraph, in 3D, requires coding skills and runs on Linux and Mac
- NodeXL, MicroSoft solution/template to draw network graphs in MS Excel 2007 (formerly known as .NetMap)
- yFiles, provides algorithms and components enabling the analysis, visualization, and the automatic layout of graphs, diagrams, and networks
- Visual Understanding Environment, focused on creating flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research.
- GoVisual Diagram Editor
- Timeplot, Timeplot is a DHTML-based AJAXy widget for plotting time series and overlay time-based events over them (with the same data formats that Timeline supports).
- Timeline Tool 2.0 at UBC Learning Tools
- Timeline, by Vérité.co
Data Visualization through Maps
- UUorld: UUorld (pronounced "world") provides an immersive mapping environment, high-quality data, and critical analysis tools.
- Google Fusion Tables
- Many Eyes, for shared visualization and discovery
- Prefuse, A Java-based toolkit for building interactive information visualization applications (manual).
- Streamgraph: example1, example2, sourcecode
- Tableau Public
- GeoAnalytics Visualization Framework
- Trend Compass, is a data visualization software using the latest and most powerful ideas in data visualization which is the Animated Motion Chart. Examples: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , 
- Google Visualization API Gadget Gallery and Google Fusion Tables
- Data Visualization: Modern Approaches
- A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods
- 16 Awesome Data Visualization Tools
- Network Visualization, by Lars Kirchhoff
- Visual Complexity