ICT and Telecommunications in least developed countries. Mid-term Review for the Decade 2001-2010
Datos de la obra:
Tipo de obra: Report
Categorías:ICT4D | Information Society
Observaciones:Main report conclusions:
- Teledensity has doubled (even multipliyed per 20).
- Connectivity goes mobile and cellulars increase prominence. Wireless can boost too the increase in connectivity and teledensity.
- Access and interest (i.e. e-education, e-health, e-business, e-agriculture, and e-government) in the Internet increases. ICTs look like the last train to development.
- Lack or weak policy making and regulating in the ICT arena.
- Still high cost of connectivity.
- Lack of local relevant content.