Random notes during the session:
Strengthening global coordination
Coordination for what? Why coordination?
- Ability to bridge the top-down approach with the bottom-up approach.
- Regional representatives
- Need for asset-mapping in communities to create communities.
- Making connections shouldn’t be left to chance.
- We talk about open data but have no open resources or open tools.
The role of multi-donor coordination in open data field
- Emerging network.
- Different expertise.
- Research done.
- How donors communicate with each other.
- Target countries.
- Mainstream use of data.
- Better use of open data.
- Leverage existing investments in the field.
- Sectorial problem solving.
- Consolidate as a resource.
- Different proposals to different donors
- Make it sustainable
- Proliferation of global initiatives that forget about the local
- Disperse information
Exploring how we can improve gender outcomes and drive new gender and data projects
- Gender unbalances can mask the real impact of open data.
4th International Data Conference (2016)
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2016) “OD4D Summit (II)” In ICTlogy,
#157, October 2016. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from https://ictlogy.net/review/?p=4472
Previous post: OD4D Summit (I)