9th International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries
Organized by the International Federation for Information Processing, the conference presents the following Sub-Themes:
- The role of e-government initiatives in education and health, what lessons can be learned?
- What are the experiences of ICT enabled development stimulated by efforts to develop indigenous ICT industries?
- The role of cybercrime and its effects on development initiatives
- What influence has ICT initiatives on rural development?
- What are the consequences of new organisational forms enabled by ICTs for developing countries?
- ICTs and social inclusion: experiences and prospects
- What have been the consequences of implementing open source initiatives in government and in the private sector?
- What are the infrastructure and human resources factors that influence the implementation of e-development initiatives?
- Evaluating the role of international agencies in the implementation of e-development initiatives. What can be learned? What can be improved?
- When: 28-30 May 2007
- Where: São Paulo, Brazil
- Call for papers until: unknown
- Website: http://www.ifipwg94.org.br/
The goals of the IST-Africa Conference Series are Community Building to facilitate EU-African research cooperation and successful exploitation of research results, to stimulate take-up of RTD results by industry, Small and Medium Sized Businesses and the public sector, to promote knowledge sharing between commercial organizations, government agencies and the research community, to exchange experiences about the current state of eAdoption at a sectoral, national or regional level, and to support International Cooperation and open up the European Research Area (ERA) to Africa.
Core thematic priorities for IST-Africa 2007 are:
– eHealth – Services to Citizens, Technologies
– Technology Enhanced Learning & ICT Skills
– ICT for Networked Business – Future Forms of Organisations, Technology and Applications
– eGovernment & eDemocracy
- When: 9-11 May 2007
- Where: Maputo, Mozambique
- Call for papers until: 30th November 2006
- Website: http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2007/
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2006) “ICT4D Conferences” In ICTlogy,
#37, October 2006. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from https://ictlogy.net/review/?p=458
Previous post: Web 2.0 and diffusion of research: seminar review