From ICT4D Wiki
- The origin of students’ knowledge is based on knowledge possessed by the teacher. Teachers know what students need to learn and it is the teachers’ responsibility to transfer this knowledge into the student’s mind as easily as possible.
- Capture the content not only fast, but also to memorize it on a long term basis.
- Drill and practice, tutorial. Understand, remember. Objectivism.
- Authors: Ivan Pavlov, B. F. Skinner, Edwin Ray Guthrie, Stevenson Smith.
- Learning is an active process
- Theoretical approach in understanding the mind using quantitative, positivist and scientific methods, that describes mental functions as information processing models.
- Not a wholesale refutation of behaviorism, but rather an expansion that accepts that mental states exist.
- It is the whole process that matters, not only the final results.
- Analyse, apply. Pragmatism.
- Problem solving, strategy games.
- Humans generate knowledge and meaning from their experiences
- Learning can happen most effectively when people are also active in making tangible objects in the real world. In this sense, constructionism is connected with experiential learning
- Collaborative learning, scaffolding.
- Jean Piaget.
- Inspired by the constructivist theory that individual learners construct mental models to understand the world around them.
- Learning can happen most effectively when people are also active in making tangible objects in the real world. In this sense, constructionism is connected with experiential learning.
- Learning by doing. Create, evaluate. Interpretivism.
- Seymour Papert.
- The use of a network with nodes and connections as a central metaphor for learning.
- Learning is the process of creating connections and developing a network.
- Authors: George Siemens, Stephen Downes.
- Theories that can help teachers/trainers to think like educators
- Learning theories and online learning, by Tony Bates
- A Simple Guide To 4 Complex Learning Theories, in infographic.
- Baumgartner, P. (2005). How to choose a Content Management Tool according to a Learning Model