ICT4D Best practice transfer
Look@World project in Estonia
- Public Internet Access Points
How to collect best practices? Universal kwnoledge, transferable core vs. specific country knowledge/context. How can we extract the universal, transferable part of the best practice?
- How to collect and “conserve” the best practices?
- How to extract the country specific aspect?
- How to manage the knowledge Institutionalisation?
- Methodologies, approaches?
ICTs and Sustainable Communities Development. The case of the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria
How ICTs may contribute to the sustainable development of communities in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria.
Incorporate Ethnography into the Participatory (Action) Research framework
Engage in a dialog between the researcher and the target population of the research, sharing findings, reshape theoretical models, test them back again with the target group, etc.
- Stress/focus in the “communicational sphere” and not in the whole “devolpment” sphere. Uduak agrees and states that, in fact, she is already focusing in the social part, letting aside the economy, etc.
- What is “sustainable”?
- Match categories of findings with corresponding categories of “ICT solutions”
- Bring inside the methodology Web 2.0 applications as perfect companions to build community (i.e. social software) and their quite low power demanding needs
SIF â€” the Sustainability ICT Framework â€” and beyond
3 dimensions: resource, space, time
5 capital: human, social , physical, financial, material
Include institutional and political capital into the 5 capital model, to focus on Public Financial Management. Then use the extended SIF as an analytical tool applied to Tanzania in the administration of primary education andor tracing funds to rural schools.
- Attitudes among teachers
- Attitudes among administrators
- Mappnig of mobile…
- Mapping of information flows
- UNESCO Open Training Platform
- SundÃ©n, Susanne ; Wicander, Gudrun (2007). Information and Communication Technology Applied for Developing Countries in a Rural Context: Towards a Framework for Analysing Factors Influencing Sustainable Use
Second Annual ICT4D Postgraduate Symposium (2007)
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2007) “Second Annual ICT4D Postgraduate Symposium (VII): Sustainability and partnership” In ICTlogy,
#47, August 2007. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from http://ictlogy.net/review/?p=612