We are proud to announce that the 2010 Annual Conference of the International Network for Postgraduate Students in the Area of ICT4D (IPID) will be held the 9th-10th September 2010 at Universitat Politècnica de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
This is a mainly academic conference, with all its procedures, but much more informal and constructive than usual. Its main purpose is twofold:
- To let postgraduate students present short papers about their research in a supportive environment where they can gain positive feedback from other participants;
- To provide an opportunity to discuss key themes of interest to ICT4D postgraduates. The conference organisers would be pleased to hear from potential participants about the themes they would like to have discussed.
Ways to participate:
- If you are a postgraduate student — master, PhD — in ICT4D, this is your place. Come and share your research, whatever the stage of development it is in. You’ll get guidance and support, and will meet with other people like you struggling in this new discipline.
- If you are a scholar and want to be aware of the cutting edge research on ICT4D, this is your place too: the ideas presented in the conference are always thrilling in many ways. You might want to organize a workshop and/or be part of our senior board that’ll help too in providing some structured feedback to the students presenting their research.
- If you are a practitioner or a policy-maker in ICT4D, we saved room for you too. Though the event is academic in its essence, you’ll see plenty of applied work and theoretical background to base that applied work.
- When: 9 and 10 September, 2010
- Where: Campus Nord, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
- Official website
- Registration form
- Official blog
- Official tag: #ipid2010
- Communication offers close 1st July 2010
- Registration closes on 15th August 2010
Please stay tuned to IPID’s blog, where we will publish a link to the registration form. Fees will not be higher than 140€ and we are working to keep them at 0€. Fees will include all meals and materials during the event (coffee breaks, lunch and dinner for days 9th and 10th). Accomodation in Barcelona will cost you circa 50€ if you find place on a students residence (we’re working on that too).
Please send any inquieries to email@example.com and, please, spread the word!
If you need to cite this article in a formal way (i.e. for bibliographical purposes) I dare suggest:
Peña-López, I. (2010) “IPID ICT4D Posgraduate Conference 2010: Call for communications” In ICTlogy,
#80, May 2010. Barcelona: ICTlogy.
Retrieved month dd, yyyy from http://ictlogy.net/review/?p=3384
Previous post: Social networking sites: a window to the community