No one has noticed but ICTlogy has been running on WordPress 2.0 since… some posts ago.
- Upgrade is easy. The WP Themes thing was such a good idea.
- New admin is much better, a good improvement. Admin’s home page is great with lots of shortcuts and the preview feature is really cool.
- The rich editor does weird things with relative links. I switched it off.
- Akismet does not seem to be working, but WordPress Hashcash 2.3 does (this doesn’t apply for WordPress Hashcash 3.0 beta, that just don’t allow to post any comments at all – maybe my fault, don’t know…). Comment spam will someday cause mortal casualties near the Tannhauser gate.
- Login page has some bug not remembering you when you come back. The solution is
switching the link from /wp-login.php (the file) to /wp-admin/ (the directory).
Previous post: Course: Development and the Internet